ALACER GOLD HIGHLIGHTS
Intermediate Global Gold Producer – Alacer Gold, a leading global mid-tier gold producer, was created out of a merger of equals between Anatolia Minerals and Avoca Resources. This new intermediate gold producer controls a portfolio of large, long-lived operating mines, has strong production growth and attractive exploration prospects.
12.7 Million Oz. Gold Resource Alacer Gold discovered and is developing the 6.0 million oz. Çöpler Gold Project in Turkey. The Company also controls a dominant position on Australia’s richest gold belt, the Kalgoorlie/Norseman belt, and has a 6.7 million ounce resource base.
Highly Attractive Growth Profile – Alacer Gold will pursue a disciplined strategy for growth through resource discovery and development and is targeting a production profile of 800,000 ounces by 2015. Its diversified asset portfolio reduces risk and provides for further growth opportunities.
Experienced Management Teams – The merger will combine management teams with complementary skill sets and strong track records. Management from each company has significant experience in exploration, project management, and mining of both open pit and underground operations.
ALACER GOLD RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
36% Rise in Reserves at Frog’s Leg March 27, 2012 Alacer Gold reported updated resources and reserves for the Frog’s Legs Mine in Western Australia. Alacer has a 49% interest in the Mungari East Joint Venture (MEJV), which owns the Frog’s Leg underground mine located 20 kilometers west of Kalgoorlie. La Mancha Resources is the operator of MEJV and holds the other 51% interest in the Frog’s Leg Mine.
Enters “Mid-Tier Producer Ranks” March 21, 2012 Alacer Gold reported financial results for the year ended December 31, 2011. The Canadian-based gold mining company added $63 million in cash during the fourth quarter, bringing its total to $250 million by year-end. Alacer’s mines generated a mining gross profit of $228 million for the year, or $662 /ounce. The Company generated adjusted net profit of $130 million, or $0.50 per share.
Improved Resources, Grades at Çöpler February 27, 2012 Alacer Gold announced an updated Mineral Resource estimate for its Çöpler gold-silver-copper deposit in Turkey. The Canadian-based gold miner noted that with Çöpler already having a long mine life with significant potential to further extend resources, the Company’s initial focus was to add value by defining higher-grade zones within the currently planned pits. The increased grade of the updated resource estimate provided additional confidence that mined grades will continue to be higher than originally scheduled and modeled.
ALACER GOLD SHARE PERFORMANCE
ASR.TSX HAS OUTPERFORMED
S&P 500The broader equity market has substantially underperformed Alacer Gold this year.
GoldThe mid-tier gold producer has outperformed the price of gold in 2011, providing investors with significant leverage to the yellow metal.
GDXAlacer has significantly outperformed the vast majority of its larger-cap peers in the gold stocks sector this year.
GDXJWhile most small- and mid-cap gold stocks have suffered considerable losses in 2011, Alacer Gold has continued to deliver for shareholders.
ASR.TSX VS BENCHMARKS IN 2011You need to upgrade your Flash Player
Alacer continues to outperform benchmarks
ALACER GOLD IN THE NEWS
LOCATIED IN TOP MINING JURISDICTIONS TURKEY AND AUSTRALIA
KEY UPCOMING CATALYSTS
Çöpler Resource Update An updated resource estimate for the Company’s Çöpler gold mine in Turkey is expected during the first quarter of 2012.
South Kalgoorlie Development Alacer intends to publish the results of an underground resource update and feasibility study for its South Kalgoorlie operations in Australia in the second quarter of 2012.
Çöpler Sulphide Study A Çöpler Sulphide expansion full feasibility study is expected during the second half of 2012.